A common metadata standard for food is key for global trade and new innovation. While there are already many standards out there for food metadata, they need to converge and become digital. In this project we look specifically at a potential technical standard for metadata for food. One standard to rule them all…
– Is there an existing metadata description covering all aspects of food or are there many metadata descriptions?
– Missing areas for metadata?
– Do these existing descriptions follow a global standard (existing or de facto)?
Could these descriptive standards be unified into one metadata standard suitable for digital distribution?
– Which fields/field types would need to exist in the metadata standards in order to make for a digitally functioning metadata standard?
– Common file/publishing format?
– Once upon a time, Dublin Core…still?