The Internet Society Special Interest Group on Internet of Food focuses on general discussions regarding the technical infrastructure and food. More specifically, the projects/areas under discussion currently can be found below. The various discussions do not necessarily need to emanate in a specific standard designed by this Special Interest Group, but should be seen as areas of importance in the future world of food, hopefully with one or several good homes of their own. The current unifying hypothesis is to first adress the need for a _very_ granular ID for food objects.
– Policy Discussion on Food and the Internet
– UUID as a standard way for identifying individual food objects
– Trying to identify a new addressing standard for food
– Discussing a common metadata standard for food
– Finding a way to handle public and private information access to the same food object
– How to add various digital trust layers to food